Sunday 1 November 2015

Egon Shiele

Egon Shiele is one of my favourite Artists and I think this is because he makes bodies that aren't meant to be aesthetically pleasing, beautiful. By this I mean we perceive skin and bones showing as an imperfection and view it in a bad light because we will link illnesses such as anorexia with bodies as slim as those that Shiele paints. What intrigues me more is that he over exaggerates his works by making bones pointier, defining the ribs, creating lumps and bumps that shouldn't be there, But it all works. I have drawn a few direct artist responses and then have developed my own take on Shiele's work using my own models and media. 
  

-Pen and Ink 





Development from Shiele's work to my own 
-Oil painting 


-Charcoal sketch 


-Monoprints on a mixed media background 








No comments:

Post a Comment