Monday 12 October 2015

Badly Drawn Boy

The brief I chose to complete this week was called 'Badly drawn boy'. The brief suggests that each day you choose a piece of music and draw/paint/create whatever or however it makes you feel. I chose to do this particular brief now as this week I've felt very open to emotions whether they are good or bad and I believe theres only certain times where this sort of brief can be executed well, for me anyway. 

My Main approach to this was to listen to the song a few times and I guess just loose myself in the music. For some songs it worked, and with others I found it really difficult to connect with them, therefore moved onto the next song. I tried to choose songs that at certain times in my life I played repeatedly, I did this because those sort of songs bring back entire memories and the type of feelings I was experiencing when I'd listen to that particular song.

Song: I Giorni - Ludovico Einaudi  
Piece: Oil Painting of a Heart

Why: This particular piece of music comes with a lot of emotions from the heart. The song can make me feel happy and sad but always hits me in the same place. 


Song: Indian Summer- Jai Wolf
Piece: Charcoal drawings of Dancing girls

Why: Indian Summer is funnily enough something I listened to a lot throughout the summer and not only was it the best summer I've ever had, but it was a huge change in my life and this particular song makes me feel very free, active and positive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment