Wednesday 27 April 2016

Background Design, Parallax progress...

Okay, so on my previous post regarding this project, the Image below is pretty much where I was. I had three layers of paint done. The Sky, the Mountains and the Windmill. 
I left the project for a while to focus on some others, and I came back to it the other day. I then thought about it a little more, and realised each mountain needed to be on a different layer, to ensure in the parallax, they'd move separately 9as they are at different distances). 


So I decided to almost start over. I kept what I had, but I cut them all out and re layered them. Added a little more texture, but not too much so it's realistic... mainly because I'm not quite there with photoshop yet. But also, because once I started adding foliage, a style began to develop. 
I'm really happy with the new progress and how its beginning to really look like a painting! 



I feel like now, I have all of the middle and background finished. It's simple but it should hopefully work, once I turn it into a parallax. I've now added more foliage, I've added the water and slight reflections. Now all thats left to do is some reeds and a boat for the foreground! 



No comments:

Post a Comment